How should I care for my candles?
CANDLE CARE & SAFETY TIPS
A great candle experience begins with proper candle care and maintenance. Please burn responsibly! We recommend these guidelines to enjoying your Broken Esscents candle:
Keeping your wicks trimmed will extend the life of your candles and reduce any smoke or soot. Wax does have a flash point and when its reached due to extended burning times it can flash and catch fire. Never use water to put out a wax fire, if you don’t have a proper fire extinguisher nearby, use baking soda, sand or flour to extinguish the flames.
- Always use extreme care when burning candles!
- Always trim your wicks to 1/8-1/4 inch prior to the first burn.
- Never allow any candle to burn longer than 2-4 hours
- Keep all candles out of the reach of children and pets.
- Always keep candles in site when in use.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room
- Candle, container and/or wax can become hot when in use.
- Never burn a candle all the way down, (Extinguish flame if it comes too close to the container).
- Extinguish candle carefully, allow it to cool completely before touching or moving.
CANDLE SCENT THROW
When a candle has never been lit, the aromatic aroma that the wax gives off is called the cold scent throw. Adversely, when the wick of the candle is lit, the fragrant smell that is released from the candle is called the hot scent throw. Both the hot and cold scent throw are very important to candles.
How should I store my candles?
Candles are sensitive to light and temperature, so be careful when storing then for any extended period of time. Avoid color fading, melting, or cracking by storing candles in a cool dry pace away from direct sunlight or fluorescent light. Storage temperature should not be allowed to exceed 27*C or fall below 0*C . Exposure to moisture may inhibit relighting.